Monday 16 January 2012

I Paint-a The Walls



When we moved in about 6 weeks ago, most of the house was painted this bright yellow including the living room.
It's a very nice yellow. It is. (Can you hear me trying to convince myself here?)

But it's definitely not for us.

Imagine having a bright yellow kitchen, a bright yellow living room, and a bright yellow hallway. Oh and add in a bright yellow stairwell too, just for kicks. And then in the middle of all that yellow add in a cranberry red dining room. 

I am SO not a bright colors type of girl. I love beachy, cottagey spaces that feel soft and light . . . this yellow is not doing any of that for me.

I lived with paint swatches and chips plastered around the room like this for the last two weeks.




And I finally picked a color! I painted the living room this weekend, with a very adorable two year old "helper" who followed me around trying to pick up the brush and running her fingers along the "Shiny" walls, all while chanting "You paint -a the walls mommy?" She loves to add "a" to every verb . . .  "I eat -a my food!" "You brush -a your teeth, mommy?" "I love-a you!" We call her our little Italian baby, haha.

And I love it! Except we can still see so much yellow from the living room that I am still irritated by it. I cannot wait for the day that I can look around and not see any bright yellow on any walls. Soon. Very soon. Next weekend I hope to tackle another yellow room, which would only leave 3 more yellow spaces to paint.

Mustard yellow paint, your days in this house are numbered!

1 comment: