Saturday 24 December 2011

Bits and Pieces

 - Yesterday was my last day of work; I'm closed next week, partially due to the fact that I only had 3 children schedule to attend, and partially due to the fact that I really need a break. I am so excited to be able to leave the house next week while it's still light out! Usually when I have time off I spend as little of it as possible at home. We'll be out shopping and visiting and going for walks for the next 10 glorious days!


 - Brook said "I love you" properly for the first time last night. And it was to her grandma, which made it even better. She's almost two but has still been saying  "I shoo shoo" for some reason. Last night clear as a bell it came out "I luff you". As soon as she said it everyone cheered which made her say it again 3 more times! Most wonderful sound in the world.


- Today I'm baking muffins and breads for Christmas morning breakfast, grocery shopping, wrapping the last few presents, and going to finish decorating and deep clean the house. Whew!


 - The Mister and I opened our gifts last night. The last few years we have done it on Christmas Eve after going to the Christmas Eve service, because we usually have company for breakfast on Christmas morning and like to do it privately with just the two of us. This year we are going to a party before AND after the service, so we decided to do it on the 23rd. It felt weird opening gifts so early but it was so fun and always a special time for us. We sit in front of the tree with Christmas music on and get to relax and open our gifts with no distrations or commentary from the audience who would be watching us if we waitied for Christmas morning.


- We moved into this house almost a month ago and I still cannot find my bread pans. I had to bake my banana bread as muffins which annoyed me because I was picturing a plate of nice bread slices on the table Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment