Wednesday 28 December 2011

December Favorites

1. Puppy Chow. I make it every year at Christmas, but this year I was trying to be cheap so I added popcorn to the bowl as the cereal was almost $6 for a small box! It was even better and I will definitely do it again next year!


2. David's Tea. I've been a fan for a long time but I received some of their holiday teas as a present and I am loving both Sleigh Ride and Snow Bunny. I also got Hot Toboggan but to be honest I'm sort of meh about it.


3. My burlap stockings from the Ruffled Daisy on Etsy. She was a pleasure to work with. My stockings were custom made for me and in the mail in only a couple of days, and they are beautifully made! I picked her in the first place because her burlap stockings were the only ones on Etsy not wayy overpriced but I think I was very lucky to have chosen her! Highly recommend this seller and I'm planning to order a burlap table runner from her next year!


4. Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I've been using this foundation for a few years and I have always liked it, but I never realized how truly great this foundation was until I strayed. It's almost $20 a bottle which seems like a lot for drugstore makeup so I cheaped out a while back and bought a $12 Covergirl foundation that had been a favorite in high school. It had almost no coverage and was so watery, I hated it and went back to my Revlon. I had a Maybelline foundation kicking around my purse from a while back and tried that one for a few days too and absolutely hated it. Nothing compares to my Revlon! It's thick and creamy which means it has wonderful full coverage which is great for me since I have a ruddy complexion. It has great staying power and doesn't have any weird smells or shimmer, which I hate more than anything in the world. Seriously why do they put shimmer into foundations now?


5. The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall. I got it for Christmas and I am only about halfway through but really enjoying it. The last few books I have read have been total duds and I was starved for something, anything well written.



6. Lush Ocean Salt and Lemony Flutter.
The staff used this combo on me last time I went to the store....I already use both products but have never used them together like this before. I got new pots of both products for Christmas, hooray! It's the BEST for dry chapped hands. You must try. Seriously. Next time you see a Lush store go in and ask them to do this for you and you will be in love! Here's a Youtube tutorial on the treatment.




No comments:

Post a Comment