Thursday 5 January 2012

Went Out For Milk, Came Home With An Owl

I was looking through my pinterest boards, going over all my inspiration for Brook's room when I saw this photo the other day.



At first all I could look at was the flying angel cat, hung mid-pounce over the bed. It's absolutely adorable but I don't think I could sleep under that without waiting for the cat to land on my face, ha ha.


Ok now if you can look past that flying feline. . . .

You see an adorable owl pillow perched on the bed. I love it! I remember seeing them on Pottery Barn's website a while ago so I went back to check it out.





Not only are they super cute, and really big, but they actually aren't even TOOO terribly priced. Imagine me saying that while cringing and shrugging my shoulders, because that's how I said it. I can never bring myself to pay Pottery Barn's prices, especially since it seems like most retailers don't even design things anymore they just rip off Pottery Barn at a fraction of the price.


Sure enough, I found an adorable ( I'll admit not as cute, but for the price I paid I can forgive the fact that my owl is like the Pottery Barn owl's ugly cousin.) knockoff tonight.

I bet all you American readers will never guess where I got it, and all my Canadian readers are already saying they know where I found it! The most awesome Canadian store ever, that is quickly becoming our version of Target. Superstore, baby!

Yeeep. I got my owl at the grocery store. If you haven't been to Superstore/ Extra Foods you are missing out. It's a grocery store that also contains the Joe Fresh line (which just launched in the US, by the way!) and the President's Choice line of home decor, furniture, and just general home goods like workout equipment. I love them for their super cheap prices, and I love them even more for the fact that they are one of those retailers who love to knock off tons of Pottery Barn stuff.

When I found the owl, it was mixed in with a bin full of tweed yorkie puppies wearing red scarves leftover from Christmas. It was the only one left, and I couldn't find a price anywhere.

Another thing I love about Superstore is their awesome customer service - people in my town love to grouch about their long lines and crappy service but I actually find them to be excellent 99% of the time! Tonight was no exception - it wouldn't ring up at the till and the stock boy could not find a price on the shelf either. So I got it for .44 cents!

A price that great sure takes the sting out of the fact that my owl is only the ugly cousin knock off of the real deal. And really, it's not ugly at all . . . I think it's pretty darn cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment