Sunday 8 January 2012

Bits and Pieces

I spent most of the weekend sick as a dog with the flu. Not fun. I still feel like I have been punched in the stomach but otherwise am back on my feet.

I missed my dad's retirement dinner that I planned because of being sick as a dog. I totally cried over it too. The first opportunity for a night out that involved getting dressed up and going to a restaurant in a LOOOOONG time, and I was home wearing pyjamas instead of the outfit I had laid out on my bed, and puking into a bucket while my husband was enjoying a baby free evening eating steak and prawns. I would give just about anything to have a nice night out some time... I freely admit I was pretty bitter to miss it.

My living room is spotted with paint chips and swatches. I am forcing myself to just pick a color already and get started on this house, because all the mustard yellow is driving me nuts! Photos to come!

I sold my first handmade piece this week! David and I have been building chalkboard, shelves, and other wooden decorative items to start raising money for our kitchen renovation. I sold a chalkboard and got an order for a second one on our first day! So encouraging!

My deoderant shattered on the floor two days ago. I haven't made it to the store to buy more, so I've been using a spare one of David's. I HATE smelling like a man all day and have probably been overcompensating with liberal squirts of perfume, but did I go to the store today? Nope. MUST remember tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment