Wednesday 25 January 2012

Bits and Pieces

-I got Brook's room painted, curtains and chandelier hung, and took the front off her crib. Still haven't started on her bed but I ordered her bedding! Our first night with the crib front off was not good. Let's just say that it resulted in Brook's dad getting out a socket wrench and putting the front back on at 2am. We now are borrowing a bed rail from a neighbor and it seems to be working!

-I am sick with my 4th cold in 2 months. I feel completely worn down.

-Half my town is on Visalus, including most of my friends. Can't log in to Facebook without seeing someone asking people to join their team or posting their weigh in, or raving about their yummy shake they are drinking...I am tempted to try it to boost my weight loss, but I feel like it's a gimmick and I can't find the ingredient list anywhere of what is actually in the powder. I think if you replaced 2 meals a day with a healthy shake of any kind you would lose weight, I'm not convinced this magic powder does anything good. And I'd rather keep teaching myself portion control and healthy choices than live off of shakes and one meal a day. But everyone has such great success it's hard not to be jealous and think it would be an easy way to speed things up.

-My energy has been incredibly low lately, as has my mood. It probably has to do with being sick so often, but I just feel so tired all the time and can't seem to have energy to get the things done that I usually do in a day.

-I am going thrift store shopping and out for lunch with Brook on Saturday and I am looking forward to it so much, even if she will fuss and make every stop take twice as long as it would alone. Girlie time!

-I've been painting signs and making chalkboards like crazy....loving having another way to make a bit of extra money, even if it's not very much. It feels good to be creative again!

-We got our new phone books delivered to our door the other day. I say books because we got 3. Why 3, I don't know as all our neighbors got 1. I had to laugh when a friend knocked on my door for a visit and handed me 2 phone books that were sitting on our step, and as she did so a delivery boy walked up and tossed another on onto the porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment